The value chain of a ‘perfect Market Access process’ is complex and requires different resources. The decision makers in the health care system must be accepted as the core customer and have to be convinced of the value of the new health care solutions by target group-specific communication.
WHY STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT & NEGOTIATION SKILLS ARE IMPORTANT FOR YOUR ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
The qualified and fact-oriented communication with important stakeholders is becoming a core competency of all organisations in the field of health technology. Whether pharmaceutical- or medical technology manufacturers: communicating important topics and the in-depth understanding of challenges for the mutual benefit or to negotiate a value-creating conclusion with the right decision makers is a significant success factor for companies. The basis of negotiation solutions is the HARVARD-negotiation model – basis of stakeholder management-concepts, many years of experience and a stable network with important stakeholders.
EXAMPLES OF SUCCESSFUL STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT & NEGOTIATION PROJECTS:
- Development of overall strategy for price negotiations within the scope of AMNOG
- Price negotiations with “GKV-Spitzenverband” in oncology
- Contract negotiations with payers on rebate contracts for pharmaceuticals
- Development of stakeholder management-strategies for new indications
- Implementation of key account- and stakeholder management tasks through own sales force
- Projects on the adjustment of scientific vaccination recommendations
- Development of documents for scientific commissions vaccine , e.g. STIKO
Stakeholders are persons who have a stake ‘in the game’ and therefore an own interest about the well-being of their input.
In a wider sense ‘Stakeholders’ are not only people with an own stake, but everybody, who is impacted by the process or results of that project. This can include persons who have no obvious interests, such as customers or employees. The definition according to ISO10006 describes ‘Stakeholders’ as all persons with an interest in the project and persons who are affected by a project in any manner.